Today’s episode features Johnny Reyes, a globally renowned Music Producer, Recording Artist, DJ and Film Composer.
He began to DJ warehouse parties in the San Francisco rave scene at age 14 yet his story took a dark turn as he found himself deep in the hedonistic party scene where he was battling debilitating addictions, depression and even a suicide attempt. He eventually went to rehab, where he learned how to evolve his creativity without the need for his dangerous and addictive vices.
In addition to offering Addiction Coaching and Recovery Support, he is also the co-founder of I AM Retreats, a healing retreat company focused on amplifying wellness through sound-science and personalized audio production.
On today’s episode we explore the highs and lows of his creative recovery and transformation and the roles his relationships, health and career have played and what wisdom he has picked up along the journey.
● Children’s creativity and where it gets lost
● Childhood creative background
● 14-year-old DJ
● The dark turn
● Alcoholism, depression, and a suicide attempt
● Recovery and personal transformation
● Why it’s essential to create for yourself and not just the audience
● Helping others
● Identifying the right voice